Now godliness with contentment is great gain. - 1 Timothy 6:6 NKJV
Yesterday, I was planning on posting today some more about wisdom from Job. However, I remembered that I wanted to share some information given to us by our assistant teaching leader at CBS Bible study this week. So many people struggle with finding contentment and yet, how many people really know practical ways to battle this problem?
Following is a "prescription for contentment, taken from Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. Some of these were really convicting to me and I think they excellent practical tips. Let's try to put them into practice, shall we?
Prescription for Contentment
- Never allow yourself to complain about anything -- not even the weather.
- Never picture yourself in any other circumstances or someplace else.
- Never compare your lot with another's.
- Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
- Never dwell on tomorrow -- remember that tomorrow is God's, not ours.
Note: If you still aren't content in your dose of contentment talk today, check out another previous post, Content or Complacent.