Yesterday was my 39th birthday. Yesterday was the begininning of my 40th year on this earth. Look out world, I'm finally starting to figure a few things out! :) As I sit here at the computer, feeling like I haven't posted on here forever, I am blown away by the things I should be thankful for. Actually, I even started a "Thursday Thirteen" post to list those things but my perfectionism left me frustrated with the code of the thing so I didn't get it done. But alas, today I awake with the thoughts from yesterday still in my head.
The bible says in Philippians 4:11-13
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
I wonder how many people fight with this verse. In all of my wisdom a week or so ago I reminded a friend of this verse. God has been smacking ME with it ever since. Go figure. :) Truly, I am content with my life when I try to look at it from God's point of view. The blessings and strength that He gives me in both the good and not so good times in my life are far more than I deserve. God's blessings are far more than we all deserve; we just need to remember that our trials can also be a blessing further down the road. So...here is my list of 13 things I'm thankful for (in no particular order).
- Jesus, my one faithful and true friend.
- My husband, who does not read this blog, for loving me more than I deserve from him.
- Friends, new and old, without whom I would not laugh, cry, or be convicted quite so much.
- My doggies. I can't resist smiling at a cute fuzzy face even when I'm not in a good mood.
- The volunteers who labor with me in ministry.
- The ladies who God is allowing me to teach the bible.
- Commenters on my blog.
- My church family.
- My real family.
- Flexibility in my job that allows me to do ministry.
- The power of God's Word active in my life.
- The power of prayer.
What are you thankful for today?