I thought I'd take a break from all of my serious thoughts today (of the Omaha mall shootings, people in desparate need of hope & truth) and have some fun with this little meme about aspects of Christmas. I found it via Danielle. Enjoy! Feel free to comment & play along if you like. If you participate on your own blog, let me know and I'll come visit! :)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? If I truly had my way, no present I gave would be wrapped. Not that I don't like pretty wrapping paper, but I tend to wrap my presents within hours of when I give them to someone. Seems like a waste of time to wrap and unwrap in such a short time span.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial because of convenience and consistency. I get the same look every year without having to search a pine tree forest in the cold.
3. When do you put up the tree? Most often the first week after Thanksgiving after I've had time to regroup from all of those festivities.
4. When do you take the tree down? Within a week after the first of the new year.
5. Do you like eggnog? No. Never have, doubt I ever will.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my first stereo.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My grandma.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Myself. Since I don't shop much throughout the year, I tend to do shopping for myself while I'm out. Merry Christmas to me.
10. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received? I can't offhand about the worst Christmas gift but I received an ugly, heavy leather jacket once for my June birthday.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? The Year Without a Santa Claus "cartoon". I love Heat Mizer & Cold Mizer. :)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? No earlier than December 1. Until a few years ago, December 23. Now, maybe mid-December.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but I'm not telling here what it was. :)
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's sugar cookies with icing.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I have clear on my tree at home, but I like colored as well. Most importantly, they must all light up when they are plugged in. One of my life's biggest frustrations is fighting with Christmas tree lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? This varies. Lately I am loving "Away in a Manger" or "Hark the Herald Angels Sing".
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I will stay home. Everyone comes to my home for the day most years. I traveled once many years ago and the holiday was just not the same because we were away from the tradition.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? If I sing the Rudolph song I can!
20. Angel on the tree top or star? Angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Some on both days.
22. Most annoying thing this time of year? Hearing people complain about how much they have to do this time of the year when most of the things they are doing are self imposed.
23. What I love most about Christmas? Something about Christmas songs - unless I'm at the mall - puts me in a reflective, sentimental mood, reminding me of all the blessings God has given me.
Janna Rust is a Life Coach and Speaker dedicated to encouraging others towards lives God intends for them. For more information, visit her at www.purposefulpartnerships.com.