To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. - Ecc 3:1
I'm glad the bible talks about time, because I am a self-proclaimed "time freak". I love to be on time and I love to make sure other people are also on time. I'm a good time keeper. However, I am not the one in control of time. Each day that I live, I gain a little more appreciation for God's timing, rather than my own.
I appreciate God's timing ...
- in placing certain friends in my life when I've needed them most
- in delivering a note of encouragement through a friend
- in creating new opportunities through a job loss
- in working all things in our lives for His glory---the good, the bad and the ugly
In what area do you struggle with respect to timing? All of us struggle from time to time, in spite of God's Word that says those who wait on God will "soar on wings like eagles" (Isaiah 40:31).
Timing is indeed everything. We need to remember that when we get impatient for things to happen. We need to remember that God's timing is best. He knows all. He sees all. He coordinates all. For that, I'm very thankful. There's no way I can keep track of it all.
For further consideration:
1) How can you better trust in God's plan for your life rather than your own?
2) What evidence do you see in your life that God's timing has been perfect?
3) What opportunities are available to you right now to get involved in God's plan?
Janna Rust is a Professional Coach and Speaker dedicated to encouraging others towards lives God intends for them. For more information, visit her at www.purposefulpartnerships.com.